Sunday, July 10, 2011

A Day With the Family

Today was an awesome day. I woke up in the morning, had a small breakfast and drove to New Jersey with my parents. We went to this park where there were a bunch of deer inside of this huge field that was fenced in. It was like a forest inside of a gate. And we were allowed to feed the deer, which was super cool! They were so adorable. My year and a half old nephew fed them and he practically had his fingers in their mouths. They were so friendly and adorable, though!

We also saw some goats, a gigantic turkey, some bunnies and some chickens. After that, we walked around for a bit and saw this adorable little duck that had a bad leg and a limp. I felt so horrible. My nephew wanted to play with it and before we could do anything, he ran up to it, scaring the duck and forcing him to fly. Ducks don't fly all that high, though, so the poor thing flew directly into a fence. I felt so horrible. We tried to find someone to inform of the situation, but no one was around so we decided it was best to leave the poor thing alone and not bother it.

After that, we went to an Italian restaurant, which for a girl on a diet, probably isn't the best. But we did a family style thing, so I had a bit of calamari, a whole bunch of salad, about a serving of garlic pasta and a cannoli. Overall, not so bad. But the whole calorie counting thing did not work out. Tomorrow, I have work at 8AM and it's Crazy Hair Day! That should be fun and it'll be much easier to count every single calorie that goes into my mouth.

I'm thinking of getting a Fitbit. Anyone tried one of those? How are they???A

No comments:

Post a Comment