Sunday, July 3, 2011

I'm Normal...So Now What?

A lot has happened in the past couple of months that I have not blogged. Why haven't I blogged? Well...Truth is, I got too comfortable. I won't go too into detail, mostly because it's not interesting and also pretty irrelevant. But here's what IS important.

I went to the doctor a week ago because I had a bit of a sore throat and my best friend had strep throat so I was a little worried. Turns out, I was perfectly healthy minus a bit of a throat infection that I was prescribed Sudafed for (and I didn't even end up taking it because I don't like to take drugs unless I absolutely have to). My WBC was a 7.5, which is literally the average. I tested negative for strep throat, the rest of my bloodwork was perfect and so was everything else.

What was better? My doctor asked me how much I weighed and I told him about 175, because that was the last time I checked on my new scale. He took me through a whole long speech, which ended in "You are normal. You do not need to lose any more weight. Considering your height, your build and your family history, you're doing really great." That was amazing to hear. I'm unfortunately up to 177 for some reason, but that all brings me to the reason I'm back here again and brings me to my blog title.."So Now What?"

I am normal, but I am still not happy with how I look. I am definitely happier. And I am definitely proud of all the progress I've made. 40-45 pounds is a ton of weight to lose, especially for someone who is 5'8"! But I am not done yet. I'd still like to get into the 140's or at least the 150's. I'd also like to have more toning, less fat. And I'd like to just be more healthy overall -- because as much as I've learned, I still make way too many mistakes when it comes to food.

Blogging really helped me lose the beginning of the weight, but when I found my bearings, I kind of just gave up on it. I still have my bearings (for the most part), but I realize now that I have a lot left to learn. So, for about a week, I'm going to post up everything that I eat without counting calories, to see if that helps. If not, back to the tedious annoyance that counting calories is. If I have to do it, I will. But let's hope that I've learned enough that simply watching what I eat (something that I haven't doe too much of) and writing it all down (something that I haven't done any of) will suffice to lose those pesky 20-30 pounds.

I've been getting a lot of compliments on how I look. My family is proud, my boss calls me "Skinny Rachel" and I'm working on a whole new wardrobe that is more daring and fun. I will share some of the clothes that I bought (maybe tomorrow or the day after) on this blog in picture mode! I hope that you guys will welcome me back.

Here's a picture of me from my recent Europe trip:

I was in Heidelberg, Germany! I think that's a fair representation of how I look now. Arms and legs are still a little chubby, face looks pretty different, smaller all around, still kinda chubbsy -- but a huge improvement from my last Europe trip ....

No comments:

Post a Comment